Changes to Queensland's Coastal Waters Forecasts
From October 2013 coastal forecasts in Queensland will be improved.
Here are some of the changes you will see:
- Improved information on seas and swells out to 4 days
- Reconfigured coastal boundary zones in Northern and Southern Queensland
- A newly created Torres Strait Waters zone will provide services to more island territories in the Torres Strait
- Changes to the Gulf of Carpentaria marine boundary in Northern Territory
Map of Queensland Districts and Coastal Waters Zones
Example of Coastal Waters Forecast for the Torres Strait
Comments and Feedback
What do you think of this change?
Queensland NexGen Survey
- Northern Territory (late 2014)