Tasmania's improving weather services
From June 2011, the Bureau of Meteorology is upgrading forecasts and warnings in Tasmania.
- Coastal Waters forecasts will be provided individually for each coastal zone, with an improved layout for easier reading.
- New 4-day forecasts for the Derwent Estuary, Storm Bay, Channel and Frederick Henry & Norfolk Bay, providing wind and wave information.
- Marine Wind Warnings will now be issued for today and tomorrow, and a warning label will be added to the forecast for those days.
- Four day forecasts and a small craft alert service will be provided for the inland lakes at South West Plateau Lakes, and Central Plateau Lakes.
- 7-day forecasts for more rural locations.
- Forecasts will contain more detail about wind and rainfall.
- Overnight temperatures for 7 days will assist in frost mitigation.
Technical Information for Web Developers
Issue times of TAS forecasts:
||5:25am & 4:30pm
|Coastal Waters Forecasts
||5:00am & 4:05pm
|Local Waters Forecasts
||5:15am & 4:20pm
||5:40am & 4:25pm
||5:15am & 4:15pm
||5:30am & 4:15pm
|Forecast Summaries for TAS Cities and Towns
||5:10am & 4:10pm
Note that, if required, forecasts are updated between the standard issue times.