Changes to Tasmania's District Forecasts
From June 2011 district forecasts in Tasmania will be improved.
Here are some of the changes you will see:
- forecasts will extend out to 4 days
- forecasts will include a "weather situation" describing the weather systems influencing your area for the next 4 days
- included in each district forecast will be a summary forecast for a couple of towns which will include maximum and minimum temperatures and a general description of the weather
- district boundaries have been adjusted to provide more detailed weather and warnings information for your areas
- there are new districts for King Island, Flinders Island – Furneaux Group, Upper Derwent Valley, and separate districts for Central North and Midlands.
People should confirm which district they are in to ensure they
are accessing the weather warnings relevant to their location.
New forecast districts
Example of District Forecast for King Island