Changes to Western Australia's District Forecasts
From October 2012 district forecasts in Western Australia will be improved.
Here are some of the changes you will see:
- Forecasts will extend out to 4 days
- Forecasts will include a the "weather situation" which describes the weather systems influencing your area for next 4 days
- Forecasts will include a description of the weather and wind and temperature range
- Included in each district forecast will be a summary forecast for a couple of towns which will include maximum and minimum temperatures and a general description of the weather
- Minor changes to some district boundaries to better align with council boundaries and conservation parks. See the map
New forecast districts
People should confirm which district they are in to ensure they are accessing the weather warnings relevant to their location.
Example of new District Forecast
Comments and Feedback
What do you think of this change?
- Queensland (late 2013)
- Northern Territory (late 2014)