At the Bureau of Meteorology you will enjoy the support of a great team of people with a genuine passion for their work, an excellent range of professional development opportunities, and access to unique and rewarding long and short-term assignments across our extensive network.
Other incentives include:
- access to state-of-the-art technology
- Australian Public Service conditions
- competitive salaries
- employer-contributed superannuation of 15.4%
- access to a flexible hours working scheme for eligible positions
- generous leave entitlements, including recreation leave, maternity and paternity leave, personal/carer’s/sick leave, long service leave, and an employee-funded extra leave scheme
- study leave program and learning and development initiatives
- a family-friendly culture that respects your work/life balance
- generous penalty payments for shift workers
- salary packaging options
- opportunities for travel and overseas assignments
- additional allowances and incentives for working in remote localities, and
- an Employee Assistance Program.
A career with the Bureau is a great opportunity to provide vital services to the Australian community, and to build a career of which you can be proud.
Information on Bureau employment conditions is contained in The Bureau of Meteorology Enterprise Agreement 2011–2014.