Gridded Data and Archives
Grids can be downloaded for many of the map selections. In each map page, links to grids and archives are located above the maps, on the right hand side. Below the page titles, 'About this map' links provide details about each dataset.
Australian Water Availability Project
The system used to produce this information was developed under the Australian Water Availability Project.
This project was part supported by the National Heritage Trust with partners in the Bureau of Rural Sciences and CSIRO.
Maps and gridded data sets
The links on this page provide gridded datasets for rainfall, temperature, vapour pressure, solar exposure and Normalised Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI), over time periods ranging from daily, weekly, monthly to 3-yearly.
- Australian rainfall starting in the year 1900, available in spatial scales down to 0.05° resolution for daily or monthly time scales.
- Map types include Rainfall Totals, Percentages, Deciles, Drought, Anomalies, 1 Year Difference, 2 Year Difference, 3 Year Difference.
- Australian temperature starting in the year 1910, available in spatial scales down to 0.05° resolution for daily or monthly time scales.
- Map types include Mean Maximum, Mean Minimum, Maximum Anomaly, Highest Maximum, Highest Minimum, Lowest Maximum, Lowest Minimum, Mean Temperature, Mean Anomaly, Maximum Decile, Minimum Decile, Mean Decile, 9am - 3pm Maximum.
Vapour pressure, Solar exposure and Normalised Difference Vegetation Index
- Also available is vapour pressure (1971-present), solar exposure (1990-present) and Normalised Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI) (1992-present) at 0.05° resolution for daily or monthly time scales.
- Vapour Pressure maps include 9am Vapour Pressure, 3pm Vapour Pressure, 9am Vapour Pressure Anomaly, 3pm Vapour Pressure Anomaly.
- Solar Exposure maps include Solar Exposure.
- NDVI maps include NDVI Average, NDVI Anomaly.