Designed to meet the evolving needs of the energy sector, the Commercial Weather Services section provides a range of specialised weather forecasts to energy retailers, generators, networks, traders, regulators and service providers.
Using state of the art numerical prediction models allied with the experience and expertise of professionals skilled in meteorology, the CWS is able to provide highly accurate forecasts of temperature, humidity, wind speed, rainfall and other meteorological parameters for companies operating in the electricity, gas, wind and hydroelectric sectors of the industry.
Specialising in short term forecasts of up to nine days and time-stepped down to one-hour intervals, the CWS services over twenty major customers within Australia and overseas using a range delivery mechanisms and formats, including ftp, www, fax and email.
The CWS range of specialised forecasts include:
- Site-specific forecasts for all major and provincial cities and special interest locations in Australia.
- Near to real time weather observations for over 500 locations across Australia in graphical and tabular form.
- Weather charts including forecaster's commentary.
- Three to nine month temperature anomaly forecasts.
- Satellite imagery.
- Weather radar imagery.
- Supercomputer derived broadscale weather charts and graphs.