From Bass Strait to the North West Shelf and the Timor Sea, the weather is a critical factor in day-to-day decision making for the offshore industry; the Bureau's CWS offers services such as:
- Site specific forecast in tabular and graphical format on wind, waves and significant weather.
- Extended route forecasts for rig moves/tows.
- Specialised briefings.
Tailored Tropical Cyclone Forecast Service
The Bureau is a world leader in understanding tropical cyclone behaviour and the CWS provides access to that expertise. Related products include:
- Daily tropical cyclone advisories outline the "potential" for cyclone development.
- Detailed site specific warnings are issued every three to six hours during events.
- Detailed briefing by our experts.
- Dedicated web site for clients includeing a variety of additional weather information, plus interim warning updates and high resolution satellite images.
The Bureau uses a state of the art wave model to assist in forecasting seas and swells in the Australian region. The wave model is updated regularly each day and can provide information for specific locations, including spectral products.