Tropical cyclones (abbreviated as TCs) pose a serious threat to Western Australian communities and industry, particularly in the northwest. This information describes this level of threat including the historical impact of cyclones in WA and also provides answers to commonly asked questions on cyclones.
- Climatology: frequency, tracks, life-cycle and long-term frequency.
- Impacts : wind, storm surge, flooding, major historical impacts.
- Extremes : highest winds, lowest pressure, highest rainfall, highest wavest, highest storm-surge, most deaths and most damage.
- Tropical Cyclones affecting WA towns : how cyclones have affected each of the major towns in WA.
- Forecast Accuracy: how predictable cyclones are, how cyclone forecasts have improved and why.
- Frequently Asked Questions : common questions answered about tropical cyclones.
- Annual summaries: summaries of tropical cyclone seasons since 1993-1994.