ReefTemp Next-Generation in Google Earth™
Available real-time products (updated daily) include:
- Sea surface temperature (SST)
- Sea surface temperature anomalies (SSTA)
- Degree Heating Days (DHD)
- Mean Positive Summer Anomaly (MPSA)
These forecasts are currently available online so to view you require an internet connection to access the forecast images. Select the latest file or a date in the archive, click 'Launch KMZ' to launch Google Earth and view files. The latest file is a network file so it can downloaded once and will be updated automatically each time you refresh it in Google Earth.
To view these products, you must first have downloaded and installed Google Earth™ on your computer. Google Earth™ is free and available from http://earth.google.com/. Once it is installed and you have launched one of the KMZ files above, proceed as per below.
- In the 'Places' panel on the left side of the Google Earth window, find the ReefTemp product folder under 'Temporary Places.'
- To check for latest or updated forecasts, right click on the network link (folder) icon and select Refresh.
- Click on the box(es) next to the desired subfolder and data layer to display them in the earth viewing window.
- Details on each product can be found by clicking on the link 'About These Products' below the product folders.
- If the full Google Earth™ display can not be seen (including logos), please modify your screen resolution (minimum 1280x1024). More information on system requirements available here.
For assistance with Google Earth™, please see support.