The Australian Government Environmental Information Advisory Group (the Advisory Group) will determine high-level, whole-of-government priorities that require environmental information. It will guide the development of national environmental information products and services.
The Advisory Group has produced The Statement of Australian Government Requirements for Environmental Information. This is a critical first step towards presenting a framework for whole-of-government collaboration on environmental information. It reflects the policy, research and operation perspectives of the Australian Government.
The Australian Government portfolios and agencies represented on the Advisory Group use or produce environmental information in activities including policy development, research, monitoring, analysis, modelling and reporting.
Advisory Group members include:
- Attorney-General's Department
- Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Bureau of Meteorology
- Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
- Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency
- Department of Defence
- Department of Health and Ageing
- Department of Infrastructure and Transport
- Department of Innovation, Industry, Science, Research and Tertiary Education
- Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Department of Regional Australia, Local Government, Arts and Sport
- Department of Resources, Energy and Tourism
- Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities
- Geoscience Australia
- Murray–Darling Basin Authority
- The Treasury.