The Freedom of Information Act 1982 establishes an Information Publication Scheme for Australian Government agencies which:
- requires Australian Government agencies to publish information publication plans;
- specifies nine other categories of information that must be published; and
- provides a means for agencies to proactively publish other government information.
Please note that information released under FOI requests will be described separately on the Bureau's FOI Disclosure Log.
Information published under the scheme
Agency Plan - s8(2)(a)
The Bureau has developed an Information Publication Plan ('Agency Plan') which outlines how we will meet the Information Publication Scheme requirements.
Who we are - ss8(2)(b) and 8(2)(d)
- Organisational structure
- Organisation chart
- Statutory appointments and senior staff
- Bureau Contacts
- Enterprise Agreement
- Social Justice Strategy
What we do - ss8(2)(c) and 8(2)(j)
- About us
- Meteorology Act 1955
- Water Act 2007
- Water Regulations
- Modernisation and Extension of Hydrological Monitoring Systems Program
Our reports and responses to Parliament - ss8(2)(e) and 8(2)(h)
Routinely requested information and disclosure log - ss8(2)(g) and 11c
- There are currently no categories of documents to which the Bureau currently routinely gives access to under FOI
- Disclosure Log
Consultation arrangements - s8(2)(f)
This will include information about how and to whom a comment may be submitted by members of the public, where the Bureau undertakes public consultation on a specific policy proposal.
Contact us - s8(s)(i)
The FOI Coordinator is the officer at the Bureau who can be contacted about FOI.
Optional information - s8(4)
- Our priorities and plans
- Our finances and procurement
- Our people
- National Meteorological Library
The National Meteorological Library holds an extensive collection of books, reports and journals related to meteorological and related sciences.
- Topics of general interest
This will include links to information on topics of general interest that do not fit the above headings.
Do you have feedback?
The Bureau is interested in your feedback on its Agency Plan and what it will publish under the Information Publication Scheme. To provide feedback, contact either the FOI Coordinator, or submit your feedback online.