The Journal of Southern Hemisphere Earth Systems Science (JSHESS) was formerly known as the Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Journal and Australian Meteorological Magazine.
It is a southern hemisphere journal of the atmospheric, oceanic and related sciences, published four times each year by the Australian Bureau of Meteorology, in association with the Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society (AMOS).
JSHESS is a medium for the publication of original contributions in meteorology, climate, oceanography, hydrology and space weather, focussed on the southern hemisphere.
In the current issue:
- Increased frequency of major flooding in coastal southeast Australia
- Improved atmospheric motion vectors using new satellite imagery
- A new cloud detection algorithm from China
- Evaluating regional climate models in Tanzania
- Daily precipitation analysis in the Snowy Mountains