Central Tablelands Forecast

View the current warnings for New South Wales

Forecast issued at 4:30 pm EST on Tuesday 7 April 2020.

Weather Situation

A high pressure system over the Bight is extending a ridge across New South Wales, while a weak low pressure trough lingers over the northern inland. This high will drift slowly eastwards during the week, reaching the Tasman Sea by Thursday. The inland trough is expected to deepen and move eastwards during Thursday and Friday, ahead of a strong cold front that is forecast to cross the state later Friday and during Saturday.

Forecast for the rest of Tuesday

Cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower about the Blue Mountains, near zero chance elsewhere. Winds easterly 15 to 20 km/h.

Wednesday 8 April

Cloudy. Areas of fog in the early morning. High (80%) chance of showers about the Blue Mountains, medium (40%) chance elsewhere. Light winds becoming east to southeasterly 20 to 30 km/h in the early afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to between 8 and 12 with daytime temperatures reaching between 15 and 21.

Sun protection 9:10am to 2:50pm, UV Index predicted to reach 7 [High]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Possible shower. Orange 7 16
Cloudy. Mudgee 12 20
Early fog. Possible shower. Bathurst 8 19
Early fog. Shower or two. Lithgow 8 15
Early fog then showers. Katoomba 8 14
Showers. Springwood 13 18

Thursday 9 April

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers about the Blue Mountains, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds east to southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to between 8 and 13 with daytime temperatures reaching between 16 and 22.

Friday 10 April

Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds east to northeasterly 15 to 20 km/h shifting northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h during the morning. Overnight temperatures falling to between 8 and 13 with daytime temperatures reaching between 18 and 23.

Saturday 11 April

Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower. Winds west to northwesterly 25 to 35 km/h increasing to 40 km/h before turning southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h during the afternoon, then decreasing to 15 to 20 km/h during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 11 and 14 with daytime temperatures reaching between 18 and 23.

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:15 am EST Wednesday.

Product IDN11030