Mid North Coast Forecast

View the current warnings for New South Wales

Forecast issued at 4:30 pm EST on Tuesday 26 May 2020.

Weather Situation

The low pressure system over the Tasman Sea that brought windy and wet weather to parts of eastern New South Wales, is slowly weakening as it moves away to the east, losing its influence on the state's weather. A weak trough is expected to skim southern New South Wales during Wednesday and Thursday without significant impact, before a high pressure system moves over the state by the end of the week. The next significant cold front is expected on Sunday and Monday.

Forecast for the rest of Tuesday

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds south to southwesterly 20 to 30 km/h decreasing to 15 to 20 km/h in the late evening.

Large and powerful surf conditions in the afternoon and evening are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as rock fishing, swimming and surfing.

Wednesday 27 May

Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers in the south, most likely in the morning. Areas of morning fog inland. Light winds becoming southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h in the morning then becoming light in the middle of the day. Overnight temperatures falling to between 7 and 13 with daytime temperatures reaching between 15 and 22.

Large and powerful surf conditions in the morning are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as rock fishing, swimming and surfing.

Sun protection 10:00am to 1:10pm, UV Index predicted to reach 4 [Moderate]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Partly cloudy. Coffs Harbour 14 22
Partly cloudy. Kempsey 12 23
Possible shower. Port Macquarie 12 21
Possible shower. Taree 12 20
Shower or two. Forster 13 21

Thursday 28 May

Areas of morning fog. Mostly sunny afternoon. Light winds. Overnight temperatures falling to between 6 and 11 with daytime temperatures reaching between 16 and 22.

Friday 29 May

Partly cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers along the coastal fringe, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm along the coastal fringe. Light winds becoming south to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h during the day then becoming light during the afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to between 5 and 11 with daytime temperatures reaching between 15 and 21.

Saturday 30 May

Mostly sunny. Slight (30%) chance of a shower along the coastal fringe, most likely in the morning. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. Light winds. Overnight temperatures falling to between 5 and 11 with daytime temperatures reaching between 16 and 21.

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:15 am EST Wednesday.

Product IDN11025