Northern Tablelands Forecast

View the current warnings for New South Wales

Forecast issued at 5:15 am EDT on Monday 30 March 2020.

Weather Situation

A high pressure system near New Zealand stretches a ridge to the north coast. A cold front is forecast to cross the south of the during Monday, with an associated low pressure trough pushing through to the northeast. This front is expected to bring unsettled weather to much of the state, with potential for severe thunderstorms during Monday. Another high will move to the southern Tasman on Tuesday in the wake of the front. An upper level trough is expected to affect the west of the state from Wednesday bringing some unsettled weather which will extend to the remainder later in the week.

Forecast for the rest of Monday

Partly cloudy. Areas of fog on and east of the ranges early this morning. High (70%) chance of showers in the south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Isolated thunderstorms during this afternoon and evening. Winds north to northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h tending northwest to southwesterly in the middle of the day then becoming light in the evening. Daytime maximum temperatures 21 to 28.

Fire Danger
Far North Coast: Low-Moderate
New England: Low-Moderate
Northern Slopes: Low-Moderate

Sun protection 9:40am to 4:00pm, UV Index predicted to reach 9 [Very High]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Showers. Possible storm. Armidale 23
Shower or two. Possible storm. Inverell 25
Shower or two. Possible storm. Glen Innes 23

Tuesday 31 March

Partly cloudy. Areas of fog in the early morning. Medium (50%) chance of showers in the north, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds. Overnight temperatures falling to between 11 and 18 with daytime temperatures reaching 23 to 29.

Wednesday 1 April

Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers on and east of the ranges, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Light winds. Overnight temperatures falling to between 11 and 18 with daytime temperatures reaching 22 to 27.

Thursday 2 April

Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower, most likely in the morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Light winds. Overnight temperatures falling to between 11 and 17 with daytime temperatures reaching 21 to 27.

The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:30 pm EDT Monday.

Product IDN11029