Parkes Forecast

View the current warnings for New South Wales

Forecast issued at 4:30 pm EST on Friday 30 July 2021.

Forecast for the rest of Friday

Summary
Mostly clear.
Chance of any rain: 0%

Central West Slopes and Plains area

Mostly clear. Light winds becoming north to northeasterly 15 to 25 km/h in the evening.

Sun protection recommended from 11:00 am to 1:20 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 3 [Moderate]

Saturday 31 July

Summary
Min 7
Max 19
Partly cloudy.
Chance of any rain: 5%

Central West Slopes and Plains area

Partly cloudy. Winds northeasterly 15 to 25 km/h turning northerly 25 to 35 km/h during the morning then decreasing to 15 to 25 km/h in the late afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to around 6 with daytime temperatures reaching between 19 and 25.

Fire Danger
Central Ranges: Low-Moderate
North Western: Low-Moderate
Upper Central West Plains: Low-Moderate
Lower Central West Plains: Low-Moderate

Sun protection recommended from 11:00 am to 1:20 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 3 [Moderate]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Partly cloudy. Dubbo 5 21
Partly cloudy. Parkes 7 19

Sunday 1 August

Summary
Min 10
Max 16
Rain at times.
Possible rainfall: 1 to 3 mm
Chance of any rain: 80%

Central West Slopes and Plains area

Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of rain in the south, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. Winds northwest to northeasterly 20 to 30 km/h tending northwest to southwesterly in the middle of the day then tending south to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h in the late afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to between 8 and 11 with daytime temperatures reaching between 14 and 25.

Sun protection recommended from 11:10 am to 1:20 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 3 [Moderate]

Monday 2 August

Summary
Min 5
Max 17
Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 2 mm
Chance of any rain: 50%

Central West Slopes and Plains area

Partly cloudy. The chance of morning fog. Medium (50%) chance of rain, most likely in the afternoon and evening. Light winds becoming northerly 15 to 20 km/h during the day then tending northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 3 and 8 with daytime temperatures reaching between 16 and 20.

Sun protection recommended from 11:10 am to 1:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 3 [Moderate]

Tuesday 3 August

Summary
Min 6
Max 13
Possible shower.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mm
Chance of any rain: 40%

Central West Slopes and Plains area

Mostly sunny. Medium (50%) chance of showers on the southern slopes, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h turning westerly during the morning. Overnight temperatures falling to between 4 and 9 with daytime temperatures reaching between 13 and 18.

Wednesday 4 August

Summary
Min 4
Max 11
Possible shower developing.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mm
Chance of any rain: 40%

Thursday 5 August

Summary
Min 5
Max 12
Possible shower.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mm
Chance of any rain: 40%

Friday 6 August

Summary
Min 4
Max 14
Partly cloudy.
Chance of any rain: 20%

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:15 am EST Saturday.

Product derived from IDN11060 and IDN11034