Riverina Forecast

View the current warnings for New South Wales

Forecast issued at 4:30 pm EST on Saturday 22 July 2017.

Weather Situation

A persistent ridge of high pressure will remain over northern New South Wales for the next few days. A cold front will clip the south of the state on Sunday, and a more significant front is forecast to affect the south mid-week.

Forecast for the rest of Saturday

Mostly clear. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the southwest. Light winds becoming northerly 15 to 20 km/h in the evening.

Sunday 23 July

Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the southeast in the late afternoon and evening. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. Winds north to northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h turning westerly 25 to 30 km/h in the late morning then decreasing to 15 to 20 km/h in the late afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to between 2 and 5 with daytime temperatures reaching between 15 and 21.

Sun protection 12:00pm to 1:00pm, UV Index predicted to reach 3 [Moderate]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Possible late shower. Wagga Wagga 2 16
Shower or two. Albury 3 14
Mostly sunny. Hay 4 20
Partly cloudy. Deniliquin 4 17
Partly cloudy. Griffith 4 19

Monday 24 July

Partly cloudy. Light winds. Overnight temperatures falling to around 4 with daytime temperatures reaching between 13 and 19.

Tuesday 25 July

Mostly sunny. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the south in the evening. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. Light winds becoming north to northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h during the morning then tending west to northwesterly during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to around 3 with daytime temperatures reaching between 17 and 23.

Wednesday 26 July

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the southeast, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds westerly 25 to 35 km/h turning southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 5 and 8 with daytime temperatures reaching between 14 and 19.

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:15 am EST Sunday.

Product IDN11036