Singleton Forecast

View the current warnings for New South Wales

Forecast issued at 4:30 pm EST on Wednesday 24 August 2016.

Forecast for the rest of Wednesday

Summary
Rain.
Chance of any rain: 95%

Hunter area

Cloudy. Very high (95%) chance of rain, possibly heavy at times about the Central Coast in the evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the late afternoon and evening. Light winds becoming southeast to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h in the evening and increasing to 30 to 45 km/h along the coast late evening.

Sun protection recommended from 9:50 am to 2:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 5 [Moderate]

Thursday 25 August

Summary
Min 7
Max 15
Rain at times.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mm
Chance of any rain: 70%

Hunter area

Cloudy. High (70%) chance of rain, most likely in the morning. Snow falling above 1400 metres. Winds southwesterly 20 to 30 km/h turning westerly 15 to 20 km/h in the middle of the day. Overnight temperatures falling to between 5 and 9 with daytime temperatures reaching between 11 and 16.

Sun protection recommended from 10:00 am to 2:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 4 [Moderate]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Rain. Wind easing. Newcastle 11 16
Rain easing. Maitland 8 15
Rain at times. Singleton 7 15
Rain easing. Gosford 7 16
Shower or two. Scone 6 14

Friday 26 August

Summary
Min 3
Max 16
Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 1 to 3 mm
Chance of any rain: 70%

Hunter area

Partly cloudy. Areas of fog and frost about the Upper Hunter in the morning. High (80%) chance of showers about the Lower Hunter, medium (50%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1200 metres. Winds westerly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light before dawn then becoming south to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h in the early afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to between 1 and 5 with daytime temperatures reaching between 12 and 16.

Sun protection recommended from 10:10 am to 2:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 4 [Moderate]

Saturday 27 August

Summary
Min 4
Max 19
Possible shower.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mm
Chance of any rain: 30%

Hunter area

Partly cloudy. Areas of frost about the Upper Hunter in the morning. High (70%) chance of showers near the coast, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds south to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light during the morning. Overnight temperatures falling to between 1 and 7 with daytime temperatures reaching between 15 and 19.

Sun protection recommended from 9:50 am to 2:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 5 [Moderate]

Sunday 28 August

Summary
Min 3
Max 20
Partly cloudy.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 5%

Hunter area

Partly cloudy. Light winds. Overnight temperatures falling to between 2 and 6 with daytime temperatures reaching between 16 and 20.

Monday 29 August

Summary
Min 5
Max 22
Mostly sunny.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 0%

Tuesday 30 August

Summary
Min 5
Max 23
Possible shower.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mm
Chance of any rain: 40%

Wednesday 31 August

Summary
Min 10
Max 21
Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 2 mm
Chance of any rain: 50%

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:15 am EST Thursday.

Product derived from IDN11060 and IDN11026