Snowy Mountains Forecast

View the current warnings for New South Wales

Forecast issued at 4:30 pm EST on Monday 25 July 2016.

Weather Situation

A series of cold fronts will cross New South Wales before a slow-moving high pressure system moves over southeastern Australia on Thursday.

Forecast for the rest of Monday

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 800 metres. Winds northwesterly 40 to 60 km/h.

Chance of snow
80% at 1800m
80% at 1400m
10% at 1000m

Tuesday 26 July

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers about the ranges, slight (30%) chance elsewhere, falling as snow above 800 metres. Winds westerly 40 to 60 km/h turning northwesterly 40 to 55 km/h in the evening.

Sun protection 11:20am to 1:20pm, UV Index predicted to reach 3 [Moderate]

Chance of snow
80% at 1800m
70% at 1400m
10% at 1000m

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Snow showers. Very windy. Perisher Valley -5 -1
Possible shower. Wind easing. Cooma -2 9
Snow showers. Very windy. Cabramurra -3 -1
Snow showers. Very windy. Thredbo Top Station -6 -4
Shower or two. Wind easing. Jindabyne -2 5

Wednesday 27 July

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers about the alpine peaks, medium (40%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 900 metres. Winds west to northwesterly 35 to 55 km/h increasing to 60 km/h before tending west to southwesterly 30 to 45 km/h during the morning.

Chance of snow
70% at 1800m
60% at 1400m
10% at 1000m

Thursday 28 July

Partly cloudy. Areas of morning frost in the north. Medium (50%) chance of showers about the ranges, near zero chance elsewhere. Snow possible above 1400 metres. Winds westerly 20 to 30 km/h.

Chance of snow
50% at 1800m
10% at 1400m
0% at 1000m

Friday 29 July

Cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers in the west, near zero chance elsewhere. Snow possible above 1600 metres. Winds westerly 15 to 25 km/h becoming light during the evening.

Chance of snow
50% at 1800m
10% at 1400m
0% at 1000m

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:15 am EST Tuesday.

Product IDN11032