Southern Tablelands Forecast

View the current warnings for New South Wales

Forecast issued at 4:30 pm EST on Tuesday 25 July 2017.

Weather Situation

A persistent ridge of high pressure will remain over northern New South Wales for the next couple of days. The next cold front will affect the south late today and Wednesday, followed by another late Thursday and Friday.

Forecast for the rest of Tuesday

Mostly clear. Slight (20%) chance of rain in the northwest later tonight. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. Winds northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h increasing to 25 to 35 km/h in the late evening.

Wednesday 26 July

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the northwest, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h turning westerly 35 to 55 km/h during the morning, possibly reaching 60 to 65 km/h on higher ground then easing in the afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to between 2 and 5 with daytime temperatures reaching between 10 and 14.

Sun protection 11:30am to 1:00pm, UV Index predicted to reach 3 [Moderate]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Possible shower. Windy. Goulburn 6 12
Shower or two. Windy. Yass 3 13
Possible shower. Canberra 2 14

Thursday 27 July

Partly cloudy. Fog and areas of frost in the early morning. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the northwest at night. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. Light winds becoming northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h in the late evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between minus 5 and minus 1 with daytime temperatures reaching between 10 and 13.

Friday 28 July

Slight (30%) chance of rain, most likely in the morning. Mostly sunny afternoon. Winds northwesterly 25 to 40 km/h turning westerly during the morning then decreasing to 20 to 30 km/h during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to around 1 with daytime temperatures reaching between 11 and 14.

Saturday 29 July

Areas of fog and frost in the morning. Mostly sunny day. Winds westerly 15 to 20 km/h turning northwesterly 25 to 40 km/h during the morning. Overnight temperatures falling to between minus 3 and zero with daytime temperatures reaching between 16 and 19.

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:15 am EST Wednesday.

Product IDN11031