Upper Western Forecast

View the current warnings for New South Wales

Forecast issued at 4:30 pm EDT on Thursday 28 January 2021.

Weather Situation

A high pressure system is centred to the south of Tasmania and a trough of low pressure is over the wet of the state. The high will move slowly east, reaching the southern Tasman Sea by Friday as the trough deepens over the west. This pattern will result in showers and generally mild temperatures in the east and south, with warm and unstable conditions over the north and west. During the weekend, the trough is forecast to move into southeastern parts of the state

Forecast for the rest of Thursday

Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers in the west, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds northeast to southeasterly 20 to 30 km/h.

Friday 29 January

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm, possibly severe. Winds east to northeasterly 20 to 30 km/h tending north to northeasterly 25 to 35 km/h in the morning then tending east to northeasterly 15 to 20 km/h in the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to mid 20s with daytime temperatures reaching the mid to high 30s.

Fire Danger
North Western: High
Upper Central West Plains: Low-Moderate
Far Western: Low-Moderate

Sun protection 9:10am to 5:40pm, UV Index predicted to reach 14 [Extreme]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Partly cloudy. Bourke 25 36
Shower or two. Possible storm. Tibooburra 25 35
Shower or two. Possible storm. Cobar 21 31

Saturday 30 January

Hot and mostly sunny. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the southeast, near zero chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds north to northeasterly 20 to 30 km/h shifting south to southwesterly during the morning and early afternoon then tending south to southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h in the late evening. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to mid 20s with daytime temperatures reaching the mid to high 30s.

Sunday 31 January

Hot and mostly sunny. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the southeast in the afternoon and evening. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the east in the afternoon and evening. Winds south to southeasterly 20 to 30 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to mid 20s with daytime temperatures reaching 34 to 39.

Monday 1 February

Hot and mostly sunny. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the southeast in the afternoon and evening. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds south to southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h shifting north to northeasterly during the morning then tending northwest to southwesterly 25 to 35 km/h during the afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to mid 20s with daytime temperatures reaching the mid to high 30s.

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:15 am EDT Friday.

Product IDN11037