Young Forecast

View the current warnings for New South Wales

Forecast issued at 4:30 pm EDT on Saturday 16 October 2021.

Forecast for the rest of Saturday

Summary
Mostly clear.
Chance of any rain: 0%

South West Slopes area

Mostly clear. Medium (40%) chance of showers near the Victorian border, becoming less likely later this evening. Winds westerly 30 to 45 km/h decreasing to 15 to 25 km/h in the late evening.

Sun protection recommended from 9:30 am to 4:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 7 [High]

Sunday 17 October

Summary
Min 3
Max 18
Partly cloudy.
Chance of any rain: 0%

South West Slopes area

Mostly sunny. Patches of frost and the chance of fog in the early morning. Winds westerly 15 to 25 km/h decreasing to 15 to 20 km/h before dawn then becoming light in the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to around 3 with daytime temperatures reaching between 15 and 19.

Fire Danger - Southern Slopes: Low-Moderate

Sun protection recommended from 9:30 am to 4:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 8 [Very High]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Partly cloudy. Young 3 18

Monday 18 October

Summary
Min 4
Max 23
Partly cloudy.
Chance of any rain: 20%

South West Slopes area

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers near the Victorian border, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Light winds becoming north to northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h in the morning then tending northwest to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h in the middle of the day. Overnight temperatures falling to around 5 with daytime temperatures reaching between 17 and 23.

Sun protection recommended from 9:20 am to 4:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 8 [Very High]

Tuesday 19 October

Summary
Min 7
Max 22
Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 0.4 mm
Chance of any rain: 60%

South West Slopes area

Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers. Light winds becoming southeast to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h during the day then tending east to southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to around 7 with daytime temperatures reaching between 17 and 23.

Sun protection recommended from 9:30 am to 4:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 7 [High]

Wednesday 20 October

Summary
Min 5
Max 21
Mostly sunny.
Chance of any rain: 5%

South West Slopes area

Mostly sunny. Winds easterly 20 to 30 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to around 6 with daytime temperatures reaching between 18 and 23.

Thursday 21 October

Summary
Min 7
Max 23
Possible shower.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 0.2 mm
Chance of any rain: 40%

Friday 22 October

Summary
Min 10
Max 23
Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 3 mm
Chance of any rain: 70%

Saturday 23 October

Summary
Min 9
Max 21
Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mm
Chance of any rain: 60%

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:15 am EDT Sunday.

Product derived from IDN11060 and IDN11035