About Tide Gauge Metadata
- Unless otherwise stated, the Tide Gauge Metadata Sheets are as supplied by
the tide gauge owners, with additional comments added by the National Tidal Centre, where appropriate.
About Observed Monthly Sea Levels and Statistics
- The Monthly Sea Levels and Statistics are based on hourly sea level observations.
The "Gaps" column in the table shows the number of missing or invalid hourly sea levels for that month,
while the "Good" column contains the number of valid hourly sea levels for that month.
Caution must be observed for those months with large gaps.
- Where the sea levels are sampled more than once an hour, hourly readings are derived by filtering
the sea level series with a cut-off of two hours and sampling the filtered series on the hour.
- The monthly mean is not plotted when there is less than 50% of valid hourly sea levels for that month
- The minimum and maximum is not plotted for any month when there is less than 5% of valid hourly sea levels for that month
- For stations covered by the Australian Baseline Sea Level Monitoring
Project and the South Pacific Sea Level and Climate Monitoring
Project hourly sea-levels and monthly statistics are available. These are based on six-minute sea level observations.
- You will need to contact the Tide Gauge Owner for access to the raw sea level observations.