Franklin Forecast (beta)

Map View MetEye

View the current warnings for Tasmania

Forecast issued at 5:00 pm AEDT on Monday 18 February 2019.

Forecast for the rest of Monday

Forecast Icon
Showers
Max
20 °C
Precis
Possible rainfall:
0 to 3 mm
Chance of any rain:
70%

South East area

Partly cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers in the south, becoming less likely later this evening. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. Winds westerly 35 to 50 km/h decreasing to 25 to 40 km/h in the late evening.

Sun protection recommended from 9:40 am to 5:00 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 9 [Very High]

Tuesday 19 February

Forecast Icon
Showers
Min
9 °C
Max
18 °C
Precis
Possible rainfall:
0 to 0.4 mm
Chance of any rain:
50%

South East area

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the far south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds westerly 30 to 45 km/h decreasing to 20 to 30 km/h in the evening then turning northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h in the late evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 7 and 11 with daytime temperatures reaching between 15 and 20.

Fire Danger
High

Sun protection recommended from 9:40 am to 5:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 9 [Very High]

Wednesday 20 February

Forecast Icon
Showers
Min
8 °C
Max
19 °C
Precis
Possible rainfall:
0 to 1 mm
Chance of any rain:
50%

South East area

Partly cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. Winds northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h increasing to 25 to 35 km/h early in the morning then tending westerly in the middle of the day. Overnight temperatures falling to between 7 and 11 with daytime temperatures reaching between 15 and 21.

Sun protection recommended from 9:40 am to 5:00 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 9 [Very High]

Thursday 21 February

Forecast Icon
Showers
Min
8 °C
Max
15 °C
Precis
Possible rainfall:
0 to 1 mm
Chance of any rain:
50%

South East area

Cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers in the south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds northwesterly 25 to 35 km/h tending westerly during the morning. Overnight temperatures falling to between 7 and 11 with daytime temperatures reaching between 13 and 18.

Sun protection recommended from 9:50 am to 5:00 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 8 [Very High]

Friday 22 February

Forecast Icon
Partly Cloudy
Min
6 °C
Max
20 °C
Precis
Possible rainfall:
0 mm
Chance of any rain:
20%

South East area

Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the south, most likely in the afternoon. Winds west to northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h tending west to southwesterly 20 to 30 km/h during the day. Overnight temperatures falling to between 5 and 10 with daytime temperatures reaching between 17 and 22.

Saturday 23 February

Forecast Icon
Partly Cloudy
Min
7 °C
Max
21 °C
Precis
Possible rainfall:
0 mm
Chance of any rain:
10%

Sunday 24 February

Forecast Icon
Sunny
Min
7 °C
Max
26 °C
Precis
Possible rainfall:
0 mm
Chance of any rain:
0%

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:40 am AEDT Tuesday.

Product IDT16120