The graphic in this product may not update automatically. If the issue time on the graphic does not match the issue time of the text please Refresh or Reload the page to get the latest graphic.
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
New South Wales
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING
for LARGE HAILSTONES and HEAVY RAINFALL
For people in parts of the
Mid North Coast,
North West Slopes and Plains and
Northern Tablelands Forecast Districts.
Issued at 7:50 pm Tuesday, 13 October 2015.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Armidale, Inverell and Tamworth.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Northern Rivers, Hunter, Central Tablelands, Central West Slopes and Plains and Upper Western districts and the warning for these districts is CANCELLED.
43mm of rain fell in 30 minutes between 3:30pm and 4:00pm in Brays Creek in the Northern Rivers.
32mm of rain fell in 30 minutes between 3:35pm and 4:05pm at Girralong on the Mid North Coast.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover.
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* Don't walk, ride your bike or drive through flood water.
* If you are trapped by flash flooding, seek refuge in the highest available place and ring 000 if you need rescue.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 10:50 pm.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 218. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.