The graphic in this product may not update automatically. If the issue time on the graphic does not match the issue time of the text please Refresh or Reload the page to get the latest graphic.
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
New South Wales
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING
for DAMAGING WIND, HEAVY RAINFALL and LARGE HAILSTONES
For people in parts of the
Lower Western and
Northern Tablelands Forecast Districts.
Issued at 12:54 pm Saturday, 22 November 2014.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and large hailstones over the next several hours in parts of the Lower Western district. Locations which may be affected include Wentworth and Balranald.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding and large hailstones over the next several hours in parts of the Northern Rivers and Northern Tablelands districts. Locations which may be affected include Tabulam, Nymboida and Ebor.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep clear of fallen power lines.
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* Don't walk, ride your bike or drive through flood water.
* If you are trapped by flash flooding, seek refuge in the highest available place and ring 000 if you need rescue.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 3:55 pm.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 218. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.