The graphic in this product may not update automatically. If the issue time on the graphic does not match the issue time of the text please Refresh or Reload the page to get the latest graphic.
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
New South Wales
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING
for LARGE HAILSTONES and DAMAGING WIND
For people in the
Northern Rivers and parts of the
Mid North Coast and
Northern Tablelands Forecast Districts.
Issued at 4:21 pm Wednesday, 11 December 2013.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce large hailstones and damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Lismore, Grafton, Tenterfield, Yamba, Maclean and Woolgoolga.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the North West Slopes and Plains district and the warning for this district is CANCELLED.
50c piece and golf ball sized hail has been reported from a thunderstorm at Grafton, and $2 coin sized hail has been reported from a thunderstorm at Bellingen.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep clear of fallen power lines.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 7:25 pm.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 218. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.