The graphic in this product may not update automatically. If the issue time on the graphic does not match the issue time of the text please Refresh or Reload the page to get the latest graphic.
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
New South Wales
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING
for LARGE HAILSTONES and DAMAGING WIND
For people in the
Central Tablelands and parts of the
Lower Western Forecast Districts.
Issued at 1:24 pm Saturday, 10 October 2015.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce large hailstones and damaging winds over the next several hours in the Central Tablelands and parts of the Hunter districts. Locations which may be affected include Orange, Mudgee, Bathurst and Katoomba.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds over the next several hours in parts of the Lower Western district. Locations which may be affected include Broken Hill, Wentworth and Menindee.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep clear of fallen power lines.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 4:25 pm.
If severe thunderstorms develop in Sydney Newcastle Wollongong or surrounding areas, a more detailed Severe Thunderstorm Warning will be issued to people in this area.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 218. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.