Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
South Australia Regional Office
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING
for DAMAGING WIND and HEAVY RAINFALL
For people in parts of the
North West Pastoral district.
Issued at 7:20 pm Sunday, 8 December 2013.
Thunderstorms are expected over parts of the Northwest Pastoral district tonight. Some of these may be severe with damaging wind gusts in excess of 90 km/h and localised heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding. Locations which may be affected include Amata, Maralinga and Oak Valley.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Secure or put away loose items around your property.
* Move cars under cover or away from trees.
* Keep clear of fallen power lines.
* Don't drive, ride or walk through flood water.
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* Stay indoors, away from windows, while storms are nearby.
The next warning is due to be issued by 10:20 pm.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 215. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.