Barcaldine Forecast

No warnings for Queensland

Forecast issued at 5:00 am EST on Wednesday 26 November 2014.

Forecast for the rest of Wednesday

Summary
Max 38
Shower or two. Possible storm.

Central West area

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers south of Longreach, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of thunderstorms. Winds northeast to southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h tending south to southeasterly in the late afternoon. Daytime maximum temperatures 35 to 40.

Fire Danger - Very High

UV Alert from 8:20 am to 4:20 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 13 [Extreme]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Shower or two. Possible storm. Longreach 39
Shower or two. Possible storm. Barcaldine 38
Possible shower or storm. Winton 40

Thursday 27 November

Summary
Min 25
Max 36
Showers. Possible storm.

Central West area

Partly cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers south of Longreach, medium (60%) chance elsewhere. The chance of thunderstorms. Winds northeasterly 15 to 25 km/h becoming light in the middle of the day then becoming east to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h in the late afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to 21 to 26 with daytime temperatures reaching the mid to high 30s.

Friday 28 November

Summary
Min 24
Max 35
Showers. Possible storm.

Central West area

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds northeast to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h becoming northeasterly 15 to 25 km/h during the morning then tending easterly 25 to 35 km/h during the afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to mid 20s with daytime temperatures reaching 33 to 39.

Saturday 29 November

Summary
Min 23
Max 34
Possible shower or storm.

Central West area

Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds northeasterly 25 to 35 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to mid 20s with daytime temperatures reaching 32 to 38.

Sunday 30 November

Summary
Min 22
Max 35
Partly cloudy.

Monday 1 December

Summary
Min 24
Max 35
Possible late shower.

Tuesday 2 December

Summary
Min 24
Max 36
Possible late shower.

The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:15 pm EST Wednesday.

Product derived from IDQ11295 and IDQ10200