Bowen Forecast

View the current warnings for Queensland

Forecast issued at 4:22 pm EST on Sunday 22 January 2017.

Forecast for the rest of Sunday

Summary
Partly cloudy.
Chance of any rain: 5%

Central Coast and Whitsundays area

Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the south, increasing to a high (70%) chance this evening. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the south later tonight. Winds easterly 15 to 25 km/h.

Sun protection recommended from 8:10 am to 4:40 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 17 [Extreme]

Monday 23 January

Summary
Min 26
Max 33
Showers. Possible storm.
Possible rainfall: 5 to 15 mm
Chance of any rain: 80%

Central Coast and Whitsundays area

Mostly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, decreasing from the south during the day. The chance of thunderstorms, with possible heavy falls in the morning and afternoon. Light winds becoming easterly 20 to 30 km/h in the morning. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to mid 20s with daytime temperatures reaching 29 to 35.

Fire Danger - Low-Moderate

Sun protection recommended from 8:10 am to 4:40 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 17 [Extreme]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Showers. Possible storm. Mackay 25 30
Showers. Possible storm. Bowen 26 33

Tuesday 24 January

Summary
Min 25
Max 33
Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 2 mm
Chance of any rain: 50%

Central Coast and Whitsundays area

Mostly sunny. Slight (30%) chance of a shower along the coastal fringe in the early morning. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the north in the late morning. Winds east to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h tending east to northeasterly in the late afternoon then becoming light in the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to mid 20s with daytime temperatures reaching 31 to 36.

Sun protection recommended from 8:20 am to 4:40 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 16 [Extreme]

Wednesday 25 January

Summary
Min 25
Max 33
Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 1 to 4 mm
Chance of any rain: 60%

Central Coast and Whitsundays area

Mostly sunny. Medium (50%) chance of showers along the coastal fringe, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Light winds becoming easterly 15 to 20 km/h during the day then becoming light during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to mid 20s with daytime temperatures reaching 31 to 37.

Sun protection recommended from 8:20 am to 4:40 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 17 [Extreme]

Thursday 26 January

Summary
Min 25
Max 33
Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 1 to 6 mm
Chance of any rain: 70%

Central Coast and Whitsundays area

Partly cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers in the morning and afternoon. Light winds becoming east to northeasterly 15 to 20 km/h during the afternoon then becoming light during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to mid 20s with daytime temperatures reaching 31 to 37.

Friday 27 January

Summary
Min 25
Max 33
Partly cloudy.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 10%

Saturday 28 January

Summary
Min 25
Max 33
Partly cloudy.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 20%

Sunday 29 January

Summary
Min 25
Max 33
Possible shower.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mm
Chance of any rain: 40%

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:00 am EST Monday.

Product derived from IDQ11295 and IDQ10160