Forecast issued at 3:50 pm EST on Sunday 26 October 2014.
A high pressure system over the southern Tasman Sea extends a weak ridge along the east coast. A surface trough will gradually approach the southern waters early in the new week, causing northerly winds to freshen during Sunday and Monday.
Forecast for Sunday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Sunday for Gold Coast Waters
- Northerly 20 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots in the evening.
- 2 to 2.5 metres.
- East to southeasterly 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing below 1 metre by early evening.
Monday 27 October
Strong Wind Warning for Monday for Gold Coast Waters
- Northerly 25 to 30 knots.
- 2.5 to 3 metres.
- Easterly below 1 metre.
- Mostly sunny morning. The chance of a thunderstorm inshore in the afternoon.
Tuesday 28 October
- North to northwesterly 20 to 30 knots decreasing to 15 to 25 knots before dawn then tending southeast to northeast during the afternoon and west to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots in the late evening.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres around midday, then increasing to 1 to 2 metres by early evening.
- Easterly 1 to 1.5 metres, tending northeasterly around 1 metre later in the evening.
- Mostly sunny. 30% chance of a shower in the late afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening.
Wednesday 29 October
- Northwest to southwesterly 10 to 15 knots tending southerly 15 to 20 knots during the morning then tending southeasterly during the afternoon.
- 1 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning.
- South to southeasterly below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore during the morning.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:45 am EST Monday.