Gold Coast Waters Forecast: Cape Moreton to Point Danger

No warnings for Queensland

Forecast issued at 4:45 am EST on Monday 31 August 2015.

Weather Situation

A high south of Tasmania will maintain a ridge across western Queensland today, before weakening out overnight. On Tuesday a weak high should form over southeast Queensland.

Forecast for Monday until midnight

Winds
Southerly 10 to 15 knots, reaching up to 20 knots offshore in the morning. Winds turning east to southeasterly below 10 knots in the early afternoon then becoming variable in the evening.
Seas
1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing below 1 metre around midday.
1st Swell
Southerly 1 to 1.5 metres offshore, increasing to 1 to 2 metres during the morning.
2nd Swell
Easterly around 1 metre.
Weather
Partly cloudy. 70% chance of showers offshore, 30% chance elsewhere.

Tuesday 1 September

Winds
West to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots tending west to southwesterly before dawn then turning north to northwesterly in the late morning and early afternoon.
Seas
Below 1 metre.
1st Swell
Southerly 1.5 to 2 metres offshore, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning.
2nd Swell
Easterly around 1 metre.
Weather
Sunny.

Wednesday 2 September

Winds
Westerly 10 to 15 knots becoming variable about 10 knots during the morning then becoming northerly 15 to 20 knots during the evening.
Seas
Below 1 metre, increasing to around 1 metre during the evening.
Swell
Southerly 1 to 1.5 metres offshore, decreasing to around 1 metre during the evening.
Weather
Sunny.

Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.

Nearby Coastal Waters

NSW - Byron Coast - Coastal Waters Forecast Gold Coast Waters Forecast Moreton Bay Forecast Sunshine Coast Waters Forecast Fraser Island Coast Forecast Hervey Bay Waters Forecast Capricornia Coast Forecast Mackay Coast Forecast Townsville Coast Forecast Cairns Coast Forecast Cooktown Coast Forecast Peninsula Coast Forecast Torres Strait Forecast North East Gulf of Carpentaria Forecast South East Gulf of Carpentaria Forecast NT - Roper Groote Coast Forecast NT - Gove Peninsula Coast Forecast

The next routine forecast will be issued at 3:50 pm EST Monday.

Product IDQ11311