Forecast issued at 3:51 pm EST on Wednesday 1 October 2014.
A surface trough will move north through southern waters during tonight and tomorrow morning. A high pressure system will move over slowly over southeastern Australia during the next few days extending a ridge into southern waters.
Forecast for Wednesday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Wednesday for Gold Coast Waters
- Northerly 15 to 25 knots shifting southeasterly 25 to 30 knots in the evening.
- 1 to 2 metres, increasing to 2.5 to 3 metres later in the evening.
- Southeasterly around 1 metre.
Thursday 2 October
Strong Wind Warning for Thursday for Gold Coast Waters
- Southeasterly 15 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots early in the morning. Winds decreasing to 10 to 15 knots in the afternoon then becoming easterly about 10 knots in the late evening.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning, then decreasing below 1 metre during the afternoon.
- Southeasterly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 2 metres during the morning, then tending south to southeasterly 1.5 to 2 metres by early evening.
Friday 3 October
- North to northeasterly about 10 knots increasing to 15 to 20 knots in the middle of the day.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres by early evening.
- South to southeasterly 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres offshore.
Saturday 4 October
- North to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots, increasing to 15 to 20 knots during the afternoon.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the afternoon or evening.
- Southerly 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres offshore.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:45 am EST Thursday.