Forecast issued at 10:02 pm EST on Sunday 14 February 2016.
A weak ridge of high pressure extends over eastern Queensland. Ex-tropical cyclone Tatiana, now a strong extra-tropical low, is well east of the southern Queensland coast. The system is expected to be relatively slow moving before shifting to the north during Monday. Large and powerful seas and swell are possible along the southern Queensland coast during Monday.
Forecast for Sunday until midnight
- Southerly 15 to 20 knots.
- 2 to 2.5 metres.
- Easterly 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres offshore.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower inshore, near zero chance elsewhere.
Monday 15 February
- Southerly 15 to 20 knots, increasing to 20 to 25 knots during the afternoon.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- Easterly 1 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres around midday.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower offshore, near zero chance elsewhere.
Tuesday 16 February
- Southeasterly 10 to 15 knots becoming variable about 10 knots early in the morning then becoming north to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots in the early afternoon.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to around 1 metre during the afternoon.
- Easterly 1 to 1.5 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower.
Wednesday 17 February
- North to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots shifting south to southeasterly 15 to 25 knots during the morning.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres during the morning.
- 1st Swell
- Easterly 1.5 metres, decreasing to around 1 metre during the afternoon.
- 2nd Swell
- Southerly around 1 metre offshore.
- Partly cloudy. 40% chance of showers.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:45 am EST Monday.