Forecast issued at 4:14 pm EST on Monday 1 September 2014.
A weak ridge extends through southern Queensland waters. Northerly winds should increase during Tuesday as a trough approaches from the west. The trough and an associated gusty southwesterly wind change are expected to move east through southern Queensland waters Tuesday evening. A low will deepen over the Tasman Sea on Wednesday, extending a large south to southeasterly swell through far southern waters.
Forecast for Monday until midnight
- Northerly 15 to 20 knots.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres by early evening.
- Southeasterly 1.5 metres.
Tuesday 2 September
Strong Wind Warning for Tuesday for Gold Coast Waters
- North to northwesterly 20 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots during the afternoon and evening. Winds turning west to southwesterly in the evening.
- 1 to 2 metres, increasing to 2 to 3 metres offshore during the morning.
- Southeasterly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore.
Wednesday 3 September
- Southwesterly 20 to 30 knots decreasing to 15 to 25 knots in the middle of the day. Winds reaching up to 33 knots over far southeastern offshore waters at times during the morning.
- 2 to 3 metres.
- Easterly 1 to 1.5 metres, tending southeasterly 2 to 3 metres during the morning, then increasing to 3 to 5 metres by early evening.
Thursday 4 September
- Southwesterly 15 to 25 knots tending southeast to southwesterly 10 to 15 knots during the afternoon then tending southerly during the evening.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the afternoon or evening.
- Southeasterly 4 to 5 metres.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:45 am EST Tuesday.