Forecast issued at 3:50 pm EST on Monday 28 July 2014.
A slow moving high pressure system over New South Wales will maintain a weak ridge over southern Queensland during the forecast period.
Forecast for Monday until midnight
- North to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots decreasing to about 10 knots in the late evening.
- Below 1 metre.
- Southeasterly around 1 metre.
Tuesday 29 July
- North to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots.
- Around 1 metre.
- South to southeasterly around 1 metre.
Wednesday 30 July
- North to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots tending.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres later in the evening.
- Southeasterly below 1 metre offshore.
Thursday 31 July
- Northwesterly 15 to 20 knots turning northerly during the day.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres during the evening.
- Easterly below 1 metre.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:45 am EST Tuesday.