Forecast issued at 3:50 pm EST on Sunday 23 October 2016.
A high pressure system over the Great Australian Bight will move eastwards over the next few days, extending a weak ridge over southern waters.
Forecast for Sunday until midnight
- Southeasterly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 25 knots inshore in the evening.
- 1.5 to 2 metres.
- 1st Swell
- South to southeasterly 1 to 1.5 metres offshore.
- 2nd Swell
- Easterly around 1 metre.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower later tonight.
Monday 24 October
- Southeasterly 10 to 15 knots, reaching up to 20 knots offshore early in the morning. Winds turning east to northeasterly below 10 knots in the middle of the day then becoming north to northeasterly in the evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing below 1 metre during the morning.
- Southerly 1 to 1.5 metres offshore, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres during the morning.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower in the early morning.
Tuesday 25 October
- Variable about 10 knots becoming northerly 15 to 20 knots in the middle of the day.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to around 1 metre during the afternoon, then increasing to 1.5 metres by early evening.
- Southerly 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 2 to 3 metres offshore.
- Mostly sunny.
Wednesday 26 October
- Northerly 15 to 20 knots tending northwesterly 10 to 15 knots during the morning then tending northwest to northeasterly 15 to 20 knots during the day.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres south of Point Lookout during the afternoon or evening.
- Southerly 1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning.
- Mostly sunny.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:45 am EST Monday.