Forecast issued at 4:45 am EST on Friday 6 March 2015.
A trough and an associated southeasterly wind change lie near Fraser Island and will most likely weaken before extending northwards into Capricornia waters today. A high in the Tasman Sea will extend a ridge into southern Queensland waters in the wake of the trough.
Forecast for Friday until midnight
- Southeasterly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 25 knots early in the morning. Winds becoming southeast to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots knots in the afternoon and evening.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing below 1 metre around midday.
- Southeasterly 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres during the morning, then tending southerly 2 to 3 metres around midday.
- Cloudy. 20% chance of a shower.
Saturday 7 March
- East to northeasterly about 10 knots increasing to 10 to 15 knots in the morning.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to around 1 metre around midday.
- Southeasterly 1.5 to 2 metres, tending southerly 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning, then decreasing to around 1 metre around midday.
- 40% chance of showers in the morning. Mostly sunny afternoon.
Sunday 8 March
- East to northeasterly about 10 knots.
- Below 1 metre.
- Southerly around 1 metre.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 3:50 pm EST Friday.