Forecast updated at 4:28 pm EST on Friday 31 October 2014.
A weak ridge of high pressure extends along the east coast. Northerly winds will freshen over southern waters as a surface trough moves east over the interior of the state on Saturday. The trough and an associated southeasterly wind change will move north through southern Queensland waters during Sunday. A new high will then move east into the Tasman Sea during Monday.
Forecast for Friday until midnight
- Northerly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 25 knots at times.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1.5 metres by early evening.
- East to southeasterly around 1 metre.
- Mostly clear. The chance of a thunderstorm inshore early this evening.
Saturday 1 November
Strong Wind Warning for Saturday for Gold Coast Waters
- Northerly 15 to 25 knots, increasing to 25 to 30 knots during the afternoon and evening.
- 1.5 to 2 metres, increasing to 2 to 3 metres during the afternoon.
- Southerly below 1 metre.
- Partly cloudy. The chance of a thunderstorm in the evening.
Sunday 2 November
- North to northwesterly 20 to 30 knots shifting southerly in the morning then tending southeasterly 20 to 25 knots in the middle of the day.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- South to southeasterly around 1 metre.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning.
Monday 3 November
- Southeasterly 20 to 25 knots turning easterly 15 to 20 knots during the evening.
- 1.5 to 2 metres.
- Southeasterly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 2 metres during the morning.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:45 am EST Saturday.