Forecast issued at 3:50 pm EST on Saturday 1 October 2016.
A weak high over southern Queensland will drift into the Coral Sea on Sunday with a weak pressure pattern extending over southern waters. A trough system will move east across the southeast Queensland interior during Monday afternoon and evening with a fresh to strong northerly flow developing over southern waters. The trough is expected to move through southern waters during Monday night. A new high will develop over southern Australia on Tuesday and Wednesday,
Forecast for Saturday until midnight
- Northwesterly 10 to 15 knots, reaching up to 20 knots offshore south of Point Lookout in the evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre later in the evening.
- Below 0.5 metres.
Sunday 2 October
- Westerly 10 to 15 knots becoming northerly 10 to 15 knots in the early afternoon. Reaching up to 20 knots offshore in the late evening.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres by early evening.
- Below 0.5 metres.
Monday 3 October
- North to northwesterly 15 to 25 knots turning west to southwesterly 25 to 30 knots in the late evening.
- 1.5 to 2 metres.
- Easterly below 1 metre.
- Cloudy. 90% chance of rain. The chance of a thunderstorm from the late morning.
Tuesday 4 October
- Southwesterly 20 to 30 knots tending northwest to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots during the afternoon then tending west to northwesterly 15 to 25 knots during the evening.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 2 metres offshore.
- Southerly below 1 metre.
- Mostly sunny. 20% chance of a shower. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:45 am EST Sunday.