Forecast issued at 3:59 pm EST on Friday 20 January 2017.
Moderate to fresh north to northeasterly winds over southern waters ahead of a surface trough and associated fresh southeasterly wind change which is expected to move northwards through southern waters during the weekend.
Forecast for Friday until midnight
- Northerly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 25 knots offshore in the evening.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres by early evening.
- Southerly 1 to 1.5 metres offshore, decreasing to around 1 metre later in the evening.
- Partly cloudy. The chance of a thunderstorm inshore later tonight.
Saturday 21 January
- Northwesterly 20 to 25 knots shifting southeasterly from the south mid to late morning.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- 1st Swell
- Southerly around 1 metre offshore.
- 2nd Swell
- Northeast to southeasterly around 1 metre.
- Cloudy. 70% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning and afternoon.
Sunday 22 January
- Southeasterly 15 to 20 knots.
- 1.5 to 2 metres, decreasing below 1.5 metres during the morning.
- Southerly 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres offshore.
- Cloudy. 50% chance of showers.
Monday 23 January
- Southeasterly 10 to 15 knots turning east to northeasterly during the afternoon.
- Around 1 metre.
- South to southeasterly 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres offshore.
- Partly cloudy. 40% chance of showers.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:45 am EST Saturday.