Forecast issued at 4:53 am EST on Sunday 9 March 2014.
A high over the Tasman Sea will move slowly eastwards during the forecast period, maintaining a firm ridge over southern and central Queensland waters.
Forecast for Sunday until midnight
- Easterly 15 to 20 knots.
- 1.5 metres.
- Easterly around 1 metre, increasing to 1.5 metres during the afternoon.
Monday 10 March
- East to southeasterly 15 to 20 knots.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres during the morning, then decreasing below 1.5 metres around midday.
- Easterly 1 to 1.5 metres.
Tuesday 11 March
- Southeasterly 15 to 20 knots.
- 1 to 1.5 metres.
- Easterly 1.5 metres.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 3:50 pm EST Sunday.