No warnings for Queensland
Forecast issued at 3:53 pm EST on Wednesday 26 November 2014.
A weak ridge of high pressure extends along the east Queensland coast. The ridge will strengthen late Thursday as a new high centre develops over the western Tasman Sea. A trough and associated southeasterly wind change will most likely enter far southern Queensland waters during Thursday afternoon or evening and shift north.
Forecast for Wednesday until midnight
- North to northeasterly about 10 knots.
- Below 1 metre.
- East to southeasterly below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower. The chance of a thunderstorm.
Thursday 27 November
- Northerly 10 to 15 knots turning east to northeasterly below 10 knots in the late morning and early afternoon then tending southeasterly 10 to 15 knots in the late afternoon. Winds reaching up to 20 knots inshore in the evening.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres by early evening.
- South to southeasterly around 1 metre.
- Partly cloudy. 80% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm.
Friday 28 November
- Southeasterly 15 to 25 knots tending easterly 15 to 20 knots in the late evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1 to 2 metres during the morning.
- Southeasterly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore during the morning.
- Cloudy. 90% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning.
Saturday 29 November
- East to southeasterly 15 to 20 knots.
- 1 to 2 metres.
- Southeasterly 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres offshore.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:45 am EST Thursday.