Forecast issued at 4:45 am EST on Saturday 28 February 2015.
A weak ridge of high pressure lies along the southern east coast, and will strengthen slightly through the weekend.
Forecast for Saturday until midnight
- Easterly 10 to 15 knots.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to around 1 metre around midday.
- Easterly 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres offshore.
- Partly cloudy. 40% chance of showers.
Sunday 1 March
- East to northeasterly about 10 knots.
- Below 1 metre.
- Easterly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore.
- Mostly sunny.
Monday 2 March
- East to northeasterly below 10 knots becoming southeasterly during the morning then increasing to 10 to 15 knots during the day.
- Below 0.5 metres, increasing to around 1 metre during the afternoon.
- East to southeasterly around 1 metre.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 3:50 pm EST Saturday.