Southeast Coast Forecast

View the current warnings for Queensland

Forecast issued at 5:00 am EST on Thursday 26 May 2022.

Weather Situation

A high in the southern Tasman Sea maintains a ridge over most of the state. The high will slowly move east over the next few days, weakening the ridge. A weak upper trough will move across central and southern Queensland during Thursday and Friday. A trough will linger off the southeast coast over the next day or two. A low may form within the offshore trough later Thursday or during Friday and move away south into the Tasman Sea over the weekend. A drier southwesterly airflow will bring mostly fine conditions across most of the state over the weekend.

Forecast for the rest of Thursday

Partly cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers near the coast, medium (60%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds. Daytime maximum temperatures in the low 20s.

Fire Danger - Low-Moderate

Sun protection 9:50am to 1:30pm, UV Index predicted to reach 4 [Moderate]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Shower or two. Beaudesert 23
Showers. Brisbane 23
Possible shower. Gatton 23
Shower or two. Ipswich 23
Showers. Logan Central 22
Showers. Maroochydore 22
Showers. Redcliffe 22
Showers. Surfers Paradise 22

Friday 27 May

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers along the coastal fringe, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Light winds. Overnight temperatures falling to between 12 and 15 with daytime temperatures reaching the low to mid 20s.

Saturday 28 May

Mostly sunny. Slight (20%) chance of a shower along the coastal fringe, most likely in the morning. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. Light winds. Overnight temperatures falling to between 11 and 15 with daytime temperatures reaching the low to mid 20s.

Sunday 29 May

Mostly sunny. Light winds becoming westerly 15 to 20 km/h during the day then becoming light during the afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to between 11 and 14 with daytime temperatures reaching between 19 and 23.

The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:15 pm EST Thursday.

Product IDQ10090