Tambo Forecast

No warnings for Queensland

Forecast issued at 5:00 am EST on Thursday 8 December 2016.

Forecast for the rest of Thursday

Summary
Max 37
Showers. Possible storm.
Chance of any rain: 80%

Central West area

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the southeast, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds northerly 15 to 25 km/h shifting southerly 25 to 40 km/h in the evening. Daytime maximum temperatures 37 to 43.

Fire Danger - High

Sun protection recommended from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 16 [Extreme]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Possible shower or storm. Longreach 42
Shower or two. Possible storm. Barcaldine 40
Possible late shower or storm. Winton 43

Friday 9 December

Summary
Min 20
Max 31
Showers. Possible storm.
Possible rainfall: 3 to 10 mm
Chance of any rain: 80%

Central West area

Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds southerly 20 to 30 km/h turning southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h during the day. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to mid 20s with daytime temperatures reaching 32 to 37.

Sun protection recommended from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 15 [Extreme]

Saturday 10 December

Summary
Min 16
Max 31
Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 2 to 10 mm
Chance of any rain: 70%

Central West area

Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers in the northeast, medium (50%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds east to southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h tending east to northeasterly during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 17 and 22 with daytime temperatures reaching 29 to 35.

Sun protection recommended from 8:10 am to 4:30 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 15 [Extreme]

Sunday 11 December

Summary
Min 16
Max 28
Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 2 to 10 mm
Chance of any rain: 60%

Central West area

Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds easterly 15 to 25 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to between 17 and 20 with daytime temperatures reaching 27 to 34.

Sun protection recommended from 8:10 am to 4:30 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 15 [Extreme]

Monday 12 December

Summary
Min 15
Max 30
Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 4 mm
Chance of any rain: 50%

Tuesday 13 December

Summary
Min 15
Max 31
Possible shower.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mm
Chance of any rain: 30%

Wednesday 14 December

Summary
Min 16
Max 33
Possible shower.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 0.4 mm
Chance of any rain: 30%

The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:15 pm EST Thursday.

Product derived from IDQ11295 and IDQ10200