Thursday Island Forecast

View the current warnings for Queensland

Forecast issued at 4:15 pm EST on Friday 12 February 2016.

Forecast for the rest of Friday

Summary
Showers. Possible storm.
Chance of any rain: 90%

Peninsula area

Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers north of Coen, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm with possible heavy falls. Light winds.

Saturday 13 February

Summary
Min 26
Max 31
Storms. Possible heavy falls.
Possible rainfall: 15 to 70 mm
Chance of any rain: 90%

Peninsula area

Mostly sunny. High (70%) chance of showers north of Weipa, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to mid 20s with daytime temperatures reaching the low to mid 30s.

Fire Danger - Low-Moderate

UV Alert from 8:50 am to 4:40 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 15 [Extreme]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Shower or two. Possible storm. Weipa 24 34
Possible shower or storm. Coen 23 33
Sunny. Palmerville 23 35
Storms. Possible heavy falls. Thursday Island 26 31

Sunday 14 February

Summary
Min 26
Max 32
Shower or two. Possible storm.
Possible rainfall: 1 to 15 mm
Chance of any rain: 60%

Peninsula area

Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers north of Coen, near zero chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to mid 20s with daytime temperatures reaching the low to mid 30s.

Monday 15 February

Summary
Min 26
Max 32
Shower or two clearing.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 2 mm
Chance of any rain: 50%

Peninsula area

Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers north of Weipa in the morning and afternoon. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to mid 20s with daytime temperatures reaching the low to mid 30s.

Tuesday 16 February

Summary
Min 27
Max 33
Shower or two. Possible storm.
Possible rainfall: 1 to 6 mm
Chance of any rain: 60%

Peninsula area

Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds becoming northwest to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h during the afternoon then becoming light during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to mid 20s with daytime temperatures reaching the mid to high 30s.

Wednesday 17 February

Summary
Min 26
Max 33
Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 4 mm
Chance of any rain: 50%

Thursday 18 February

Summary
Min 27
Max 33
Possible shower.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 2 mm
Chance of any rain: 40%

Friday 19 February

Summary
Min 27
Max 33
Possible shower.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 2 mm
Chance of any rain: 40%

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:00 am EST Saturday.

Product derived from IDQ11295 and IDQ10110