Forecast issued at 10:01 am EST on Saturday 26 July 2014.
A high over the northern Tasman Sea will move slowly east. The high extends a ridge northwards along the Queensland east coast.
Forecast for Saturday until midnight
- Southeasterly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 25 knots inshore in the late evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1 to 2 metres outside the reef.
- Easterly 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to around 1 metre by early evening.
Sunday 27 July
Strong Wind Warning for Sunday for Torres Strait
- Southeasterly 20 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots offshore east of Cape York in the evening.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- East to southeasterly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning.
Monday 28 July
- Southeasterly 20 to 25 knots.
- 1.5 to 2 metres.
- East to southeasterly below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres outside the reef.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 3:50 pm EST Saturday.