Wide Bay and Burnett Forecast

View the current warnings for Queensland

Forecast issued at 4:16 pm EST on Monday 27 April 2015.

Weather Situation

A strong high over the Great Australian Bight will move slowly east during the forecast period, extending a firm ridge and a cool, dry airmass into western Queensland. Winds will tend more moist onshore along the southern coast. An upper trough will intensify over the southern interior of the state mid week and should then shift slowly east. A surface trough will also deepen over the interior of the state near Charleville mid week, with moisture greatly increasing to its east.

Forecast for the rest of Monday

Mostly clear. Slight (30%) chance of a shower about Fraser Island, most likely later tonight. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. Light winds.

Tuesday 28 April

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers about Fraser Island, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of light frost in the early morning. Light winds becoming south to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h in the morning then tending east to southeasterly in the middle of the day. Overnight temperatures falling to between 5 and 12 with daytime temperatures reaching the low to mid 20s.

Fire Danger - Low-Moderate

UV Alert from 9:10 am to 2:30 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 7 [High]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Shower or two. Bundaberg 12 26
Shower or two. Gympie 10 25
Shower or two. Hervey Bay 13 26
Partly cloudy. Kingaroy 5 23
Shower or two. Maryborough 10 26
Partly cloudy. Gayndah 8 27

Wednesday 29 April

Cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers, most likely from the late morning. The chance of a thunderstorm from the late morning. Winds east to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light before dawn then becoming east to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h early in the morning. Overnight temperatures falling to between 11 and 16 with daytime temperatures reaching 21 to 26.

Thursday 30 April

Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm. Possibly heavy falls. Winds southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h turning easterly during the morning. Overnight temperatures falling to between 12 and 16 with daytime temperatures reaching between 19 and 24.

Friday 1 May

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning. The chance of a thunderstorm, with possible heavy falls in the south in the morning. Winds easterly 15 to 20 km/h tending northeasterly during the morning then becoming light during the day. Overnight temperatures falling to between 12 and 16 with daytime temperatures reaching 21 to 26.

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:00 am EST Tuesday.

Product IDQ10240