Wide Bay and Burnett District

IDQ10240

Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Queensland

Wide Bay and Burnett District Forecast

Issued at 5:00 am EST on Saturday 13 February 2016
for the period until midnight EST Tuesday 16 February 2016.

Warning Information

For latest warnings go to www.bom.gov.au, subscribe to RSS feeds, call 1300-659-219* or listen for warnings on relevant TV and radio broadcasts.

Weather Situation

A slow-moving high pressure system over the Tasman Sea will maintain a ridge over southeast Queensland for the next two days. A slow-moving surface trough lies over the northern Peninsula district and extends to tropical cyclone Tatiana in the central eastern Coral Sea. The cyclone is expected to move in a southerly direction in the short term while transitioning to a vigorous extra tropical low during the day; this low is then likely to move slowly to the southwest, and expected to become relatively slow moving well off the southeast coast before moving away to the north during Monday. An upper trough over southeast Queensland is expected to move slowly into the Coral Sea today, but to extend back into the tropics over the next few days.

Forecast for the rest of Saturday 13 February

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers about Fraser Island, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the late morning and afternoon. Winds southeasterly 25 to 35 km/h. Daytime maximum temperatures around 30.

Bundaberg
Shower or two. Possible storm.
Max
30
Gayndah
Partly cloudy.
Max
32
Gympie
Possible shower.
Max
30
Hervey Bay
Shower or two. Possible storm.
Max
30
Kingaroy
Partly cloudy.
Max
29
Maryborough
Shower or two. Possible storm.
Max
30

Fire Danger: Low-Moderate

UV Alert from 8:10 am to 4:00 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 13 [Extreme]

Forecast for Sunday 14 February

Mostly sunny. Medium (40%) chance of showers about Fraser Island, near zero chance elsewhere. Winds southerly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the late afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to between 16 and 20 with daytime temperatures reaching 31 to 36.

Large and powerful surf conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as rock fishing, swimming and surfing.

Bundaberg
Partly cloudy.
Min
21
Max
32
Gayndah
Sunny.
Min
19
Max
36
Gympie
Partly cloudy.
Min
20
Max
33
Hervey Bay
Possible shower.
Min
21
Max
31
Kingaroy
Sunny.
Min
16
Max
32
Maryborough
Partly cloudy.
Min
20
Max
32

Forecast for Monday 15 February

Hot and mostly sunny. Slight (20%) chance of a shower about Fraser Island in the morning. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. Light winds becoming southeast to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h during the morning then tending southeasterly during the afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to between 17 and 20 with daytime temperatures reaching 32 to 38.

Large and powerful surf conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as rock fishing, swimming and surfing.

Bundaberg
Partly cloudy.
Min
21
Max
33
Gayndah
Hot and mostly sunny.
Min
19
Max
38
Gympie
Partly cloudy.
Min
20
Max
34
Hervey Bay
Partly cloudy.
Min
21
Max
31
Kingaroy
Mostly sunny.
Min
17
Max
34
Maryborough
Partly cloudy.
Min
20
Max
33

Forecast for Tuesday 16 February

Mostly sunny. Slight (20%) chance of a shower about Fraser Island, near zero chance elsewhere. Light winds becoming southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h during the morning then becoming light during the afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to between 18 and 21 with daytime temperatures reaching 33 to 38.

Bundaberg
Mostly sunny.
Min
21
Max
33
Gayndah
Hot and sunny.
Min
20
Max
39
Gympie
Mostly sunny.
Min
20
Max
35
Hervey Bay
Partly cloudy.
Min
22
Max
32
Kingaroy
Sunny.
Min
18
Max
35
Maryborough
Mostly sunny.
Min
21
Max
34

The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:15 pm EST Saturday.

* Calls to 1300 numbers cost around 27.5c incl. GST, higher from mobiles or public phones.