Winton Forecast

View the current warnings for Queensland

Forecast issued at 3:56 pm EST on Thursday 18 December 2014.

Forecast for the rest of Thursday

Summary
Possible shower. Storm likely.

Central West area

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers east of Longreach, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. A thunderstorm likely, possibly severe. Winds south to southeasterly 25 to 40 km/h tending east to southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h in the late evening.

Friday 19 December

Summary
Min 24
Max 39
Mostly sunny.

Central West area

Mostly sunny. Medium (50%) chance of showers in the northeast in the morning and afternoon. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds east to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light before dawn then becoming south to southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h in the morning. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to mid 20s with daytime temperatures reaching 34 to 39.

Fire Danger - Very High

UV Alert from 8:20 am to 4:40 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 14 [Extreme]

7 day Town Forecasts

Precis Icon Location Min Max
Sunny. Longreach 23 39
Possible shower. Barcaldine 23 37
Mostly sunny. Winton 24 39

Saturday 20 December

Summary
Min 23
Max 41
Mostly sunny.

Central West area

Mostly sunny. Medium (40%) chance of showers in the northeast, most likely at night. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds south to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light before dawn then becoming northeast to southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h early in the morning. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to mid 20s with daytime temperatures reaching 36 to 41.

Sunday 21 December

Summary
Min 24
Max 40
Partly cloudy.

Central West area

Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers, most likely in the evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds northeasterly 15 to 25 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to the low to mid 20s with daytime temperatures reaching 35 to 40.

Monday 22 December

Summary
Min 26
Max 40
Shower or two. Possible storm.

Central West area

Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds north to northeasterly 25 to 35 km/h tending east to northeasterly 15 to 20 km/h during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to 21 to 26 with daytime temperatures reaching the mid to high 30s.

Tuesday 23 December

Summary
Min 24
Max 38
Shower or two. Possible storm.

Wednesday 24 December

Summary
Min 25
Max 37
Possible shower.

Thursday 25 December

Summary
Min 24
Max 34
Possible shower or storm.

The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:00 am EST Friday.

Product derived from IDQ11295 and IDQ10200