Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Fire Weather Warning
for the Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders forecast district
Issued at 3:54 pm EST on Wednesday 22 October 2014.
A high pressure system in the Tasman Sea extends a ridge along the Queensland coast, directing fresh and gusty winds at times through much of the state. Increasing temperatures, combined with fresh and gusty easterly winds during the day, are expected to cause Severe Fire Dangers in the Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders district during Thursday.
For Thursday 23 October:
Severe Fire Danger is forecast for the following forecast district:
Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders
The Rural Fire Service Queensland advises that fires may be unpredictable, uncontrollable and fast-moving.
The Rural Fire Service Queensland advises you to:
- Check your bushfire survival plan - Now.
- Monitor the fire and weather situation in any way you can through www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au and www.bom.gov.au, television or radio.
- Call Triple Zero if you see a fire.
The Rural Fire Service Queensland advises that if you are in an area of Severe Fire Danger:
- Leaving is the safest option for your survival.
- If you plan to leave finalise your options and leave early on the day.
- Only stay if your home is well prepared and well constructed and you can actively defend it.
- Prepare for the emotional, mental and physical impact of defending your property - if in doubt, leave early.
For information on Fire Bans and how to Prepare. Act. Survive. Visit the Rural Fire Service web page at www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au or call the hotline on 1800 020 440.
The next warning will be issued by 5:00 am EST Thursday.